Well, it doesn't really look like Christmas here just yet. I still have pumpkins on the porch and a turkey wreath on the front door. But soon....very soon. We went crazy and bought a real tree today. We have been using artificial trees for years, and although the convenience of that is wonderful, I still miss having a live tree every year. Yes it's a hassle to keep it watered. Yes, needles get everywhere. Yes, fitting it in a tree stand and getting it straight takes effort. But still, nothing beats that wonderful Christmas tree smell.

I had mentioned to Bruce that I would love to have a real tree this year. He rolled his eyes and grumbled so I asked Stephen to come over this weekend to help drag the artificial tree out. The thing is HEAVY and it's in the attic. Yikes. But Bruce called me late this afternoon to say he was at a tree lot, had picked something out, but he wanted to see what I thought. I drove over and seriously thought he was kidding. His tree was huge! It wasn't so much the height, but the diameter. This tree was large and in charge. I had doubts that it would even squeeze through our front door.

Anyway we compromised on something smaller. It's still a good 8 feet, but not as big around. I think Bruce was a bit disappointed, and I told him that if he really wanted the Big Daddy tree we would make it work....but he ended up with the smaller one. I think it will fit better in the living room. We will probably get it set up tomorrow so I can begin the decorating. I want to get these things done before my surgery this Thursday. I'm not sure how much I will feel up to doing much for a while afterwards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner