Saturday, January 11, 2014

It's very odd

So, Bruce's stepmother passed away this week.  And although things had deteriorated between us after Bruce's Dad passed away, and I mean seriously deteriorated to the point that she was no longer speaking to any member of this family, I was saddened when I heard the news.  I didn't expect to be happy, of course.  But after the issues over Dad's will and how she treated all of us, I guess I wasn't expecting to feel anything.  It could have been different.  It should have been different.  But it was what it was and there is no changing that.  

I suppose that really set the tone for the whole week.  Everything just seemed a bit out of kilter.  It was 25 degrees on Tuesday and mid 70's today.  It's been gray and rainy for so long that I can't remember how many days in a row it's been. I felt out of synch at work, and just couldn't quite hit the right stride after my holiday time off.  Bruce is better but not completely well yet.  I still miss Erica after having her here with us for 3 weeks.  It will all work itself out, of course.  Bruce will eventually shake off this crud, and work will find its rhythm.  I will still miss Erica but everyday life will mute the sting.  I guess it's the post Christmas blues.  Or the winter blahs.  Whatever.  It's grating but I know it won't go on forever.
Spring is just around the corner........



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner