Monday, October 29, 2012

Blustery Monday

We haven't had anything too scary from Hurricane Sandy, but it is definitely windy out there.  We have had rain since Friday night, its chilly enough that we turned on the heat, and the wind is still howling.  I will be glad to see this Frankenstorm move on out of the way.  For us AND for all of those stuck in the brunt of it in the North East.  I can't imagine being on one of the upper floors of a high rise apartment building and having the power go out.  No elevators!  OMG!  I have seen pictures of the subway in Hoboken, NJ flooding.  I have a feeling that we are going to be seeing the effects of this storm for a long time to come. 

Also, I filled out the surrender forms for the Humane Society to take over the task of finding our kittens homes.  It makes me sad, and yet, I KNOW we can't keep them.  I am waiting to hear back.....we might be wait listed.  I may end up having to take another route, like Craigs List, but I am trying not to do that.  I really trust that the humane society can find good homes, and I am hoping they can help us. 

Other than that, its been a pretty laid back few days.  We voted this weekend.  Yay for early voting....SC does NOT have that yet.  But besides voting and a few errands, we stayed in and took it easy.  It was cold and rainy, so we weren't motivated to do a whole lot.  I had a Dr. appt. today, so I had to take a day off work.  My surgery is scheduled for early Dec.  Tomorrow is back to the grind and I am really hoping that the wind has died down some. 

Anyway, I hope everybody has a nice safe week.  Enjoy your Halloween!  We don't have Halloween plans this year, but that's ok.  We sometimes like to travel to do something festive, and this year travel might have been problematic with this storm.  I am actually grateful that we went to the Outer Banks earlier in the month and have no reservations or any place that we need to be this week......

Here is a quick peek at our kittens.  If anybody is interested in adopting....by all means, let us know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner