Friday, January 25, 2013

Brrrrrr

After flirting around with temps in the 70's for most of this winter, it turned cold this week. Cold for Eastern NC that is. People from up North, or the mid-west would probably laugh at how wimpy we southerners can be. Yesterday the high hovered around freezing all day, but the worst part of it was the wind. It was insane how cold it felt. Especially considering that Bruce and I only wore long sleeves maybe twice all of last winter. And today it had the audacity to snow. Just a few flakes. Then it turned to sleet. And this town went insane...seriously. Traffic was heavy, grocery stores were packed, schools got out early....you would think it was the end of the world. LOL!

I needed to run by the grocery store, but I ran by the mall and picked up Chinese food instead. The mall was empty, probably because everybody was at the grocery store. I will hit the store tomorrow...when it's 40+ degrees and nobody will be there because they shopped tonight. What is it about bad weather that makes people feel the need to hoard milk and bread? I never figured that out.

Oh well, I am very grateful that its Friday. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Stay safe and warm wherever you are and for the love of God, do NOT run out of milk or bread. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner