Saturday, January 26, 2013

Wasted

I have wasted a whole entire day. Seriously. It's cold and icy. I think the roads are basically ok, but steps and sidewalks are a bit dicey. We decided not to go out, just in case. And so we have been inside ALL day long. Lots of TV, and doing nuthin'. It's not so bad really, a day to rest. But tomorrow we will have to make our way out into the world. We are running low on cat food and coffee, the necessities of life. I hope those steps thaw out. Also? I looked at our weekly forecast and its back into the low 70's by mid-week. Crazy, these roller coaster temps.

A couple of people at work have been out with the flu. I kept meaning to get a flu shot, but never got around to it. I guess it's too late in the season to bother. I am phobic about this stuff though. I swear, every twinge makes me panic that I am about to succumb to some virus of death. One of my co-workers has been out almost 2 weeks with it. I will be happier once this flu season has run its course...and...I need to remember to get the shot next year. Early, like in November. The sickest I remember being was with the flu over Thanksgiving. Oh Lord, just the memory is creeping me out. Yuck!

So we decided to switch insurance policies this year. Well, it's the same plan, Federal Blue Cross, same coverage as we have always had which is pretty darned decent and for that we are grateful. But I was carrying the policy and Bruce decided he wanted to switch it to his name. We are always faced with the possibility that I may end up retiring earlier. I hope not, I am trying not, but just in case my body parts decide to go against our carefully laid plans. But anyway, my insurance ran out and his was activated....we checked and double-checked. But we had no insurance cards and no policy number for about 2 weeks. It was making me nervous. I actually had to pay for a prescription without insurance because I had no information. It wasn't a big deal, but still....Anyway, our cards FINALLY came on Thursday so I can stop worrying. I would hope that if something unfortunate had happened, we would have been covered even if I couldn't prove it with a card, but still...I am happy that is taken care of.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner