Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sorry

My daughter pointed out that I have been extremely lax in posting lately. So, I will try to do better.
We have just been so busy with stuff....projects, pets, work, dentists....the list goes on and on. An update on the rescue dogs: 1 had advanced liver disease and had to be put down. 2 have been adopted, and we are left with 1. I have named her Penny Lane. We call her Penny. She has heart worms and has to go through treatment which will eventually involve having to be in a crate for up to 8 weeks. I have spent most of this week trying to get her used to the crate. The first day was awful, she wailed and howled and whined the whole time we put her in there. Seriously, it was all of 5 minutes but she acted like it was killing her. But last night she went in the crate willingly at bedtime and stayed there quietly all night long! Success!! The cats don't like any of this, but I am working on it. Penny gets a little calmer with each passing day and that will help the cats feel less freaked out by her. I hope.....

Besides that, it has been in the 80's here for the past week and a half. Which can only mean 1 thing in Eastern NC.....yard work is now in full swing! Bruce has been working on getting our grape vines and muscadines strung up on proper posts. It sounds like an easy enough project, right? But it has taken trips to Lowe's for supplies, time, effort and sweat, more trips to Lowe's, time for cement to set up, a new drill....and on and on. What we both thought was a quick-ish weekend project has gone on for 3 weeks, and taken way more money than we envisioned. But it's done, almost. Those damned grapes better grow and that's all I have to say about that!

So we have been seeing a new dentist. Our old one was really lousy. Apparently lousy dentists are more common than you might think. We feel really good about this one we switched to, even though he has found lots of things that need to be done for both me and Bruce. I had to take Monday off to have a couple of fillings done. One of them was deeper than he thought, and he warned me that it might be sensitive for a couple of days. He was right. It's better today at least. I still have to have 2 crowns done....ugh.

Anyway, I hope everybody has a wonderful rest of the week! I really will try to post more often.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner