Sunday, April 28, 2013

Beautiful

I see a lot of posts on Facebook. Some are inspirational, some hilarious. Some are sad, some enlightening. Some are stupid, the worst are hateful. But this one resonated with me a little more than most: "One day I decided that I was beautiful...."! Just like that! No surgeries. No fad dieting, or pills, or grueling exercise routine. No cosmetics, or miracle creams and lotions, no lasers. Not even a shopping spree for expensive clothes to cover figure flaws! None of that at ALL! Just a mind shift, a quick change of perception that doesn't take more than a moment and doesn't cost a dime. Imagine that!

It resonated with me because I am the queen of self criticism. I beat myself up daily with abuse that I would NEVER dream of heaping on another human being. I would never say the kinds of ugly things to my dog that I say to myself! Fat! Old! Disgusting! Stupid! If you were smarter, less lazy, tried harder .....but not today! Just for today I am going to be beautiful! I hope you will be beautiful too! The world might be a better place with less frustration, less anger, fear and loathing if we were all wandering around being beautiful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner