Thursday, May 16, 2013

Happy Birthday!!!

Today is Erica's birthday.  I made the grave error of wishing her a happy birthday yesterday, which upset her that her own mother couldn't remember the day that she was born.  I will never forget that she was born on the 16th.  The problem was that I was off a day and completely thought Wednesday WAS the 16th.  I probably dated everything at work wrong, too.  Which can only mean that Erica got to have a 2 day birthday this year.  

I haven't even heard from her today.  She is at a conference in Cambridge for this entire week, so I knew contact would be minimal.  She has emailed a couple of times to say she arrived safely and she is fine but the conference and required networking is keeping her really busy.  I only hope she is having some fun and celebrating her birthday a little bit.  

So I'm a little sad, and missing Erica quite a lot this week.  But she is doing well and that's wonderful.  I wish her a really awesome birthday, even though its almost over in the UK by now.  And I also hope she has a really fabulous year ahead....I just really REALLY don't like having her out of the country when I want to celebrate and eat cake with her......sniff, sniff.  

Happy Birthday, darling!!  We love you lots.  We miss you terribly but we are also very proud of your accomplishments and your courage to go out into the world and make a life in another country!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner