Saturday, November 23, 2013

It is Madness

I think the holiday madness has already begun. I had to run a lot of errands today and it was crazy out there.  I bought the majority of the Thanksgiving feast and the grocery store was packed. I had to go to the mall which is something that I have come to loathe and it was insane already.  Parking was hard to find, stores were crowded, lines were long.  But I needed to replace a pair of my favorite jeans that are seriously about to die.  They are a somewhat thinner denim, which is fantastic for people like me who feel way too overheated most of the time.  I couldn't find an exact duplicate since these are maybe 3 years old, but I got some that I hope will suffice.  But even checking out was complicated....there were several different prices, some kind of door buster sale where things are 1 price until 12, then another from 12-3..... I don't know.  It was weird and stupid and I just wanted to buy these jeans and get the hell out of there.  

Which brings me to the insanity of Black Friday.  Will you or won't you shop?  It's a definite HELL NO for me.  I can't imagine anything being worth the hassle.  We don't really need more stuff.  And seriously?  I would rather pay a few extra dollars and shop at some calm, uncrowded place and time.  I know people who are waiting for it though....the Black Friday sales.  I have a few friends who love it and have spent weeks of working out a strategy, poring over ads online that have been showing their holiday sales well in advance.  Planning to get up way before dawn to go out and get right into the middle of the madness.  It makes my stomach hurt to think about it.

Not me, though.  I plan to spend my Friday eating turkey day leftovers, cleaning up the crazy aftermath of holiday cooking and just hanging out with family.  Maybe we will go see a movie....any suggestions?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner