Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful

I am off work for the rest of the week.  I have to go have my new crown put on, so a trip to the dentist is in order.  Also, I am very glad to have some time to start the pre-cooking.  I have sausage balls to make, a new recipe for pumpkin fudge to try, and lots of other little details that need attention before the holiday.  So, I figured I better sit down and write out what I wanted to say now, in this calm before the storm or I might not get the chance.

I am thankful for so much.  I have been blessed...with good family and good friends.  With wonderful kids, a sturdy roof over my head and never knowing hunger on a personal basis.  Our cupboards are full of food, and our closets are full of clothes.  All of our needs and many of our wants have been fulfilled.  What more could I possibly wish for?  I like to count my blessings during Thanksgiving and really honor the day for the purpose it was intended.  But there is so much to be grateful for, it can hardly be contained in just a single day of the year.  

This year we will share our table with Jeanne, Calvin and the girls.  With Stephen and Hannia, and Hannia's parents.  Possibly a lab mate or 2 of Stephen's who aren't able to travel home so close to Christmas.  We are happy to share the feast with all of them.   

I hope all of you have a lovely holiday.  If you are traveling, stay safe.  And take a moment or two to count your blessings.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner