Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Friday 13th


I hope you had a good Friday the 13th. It was a pretty decent day for me. I finally got the figures for the new additions to my route (of course I have been doing the work for a full week as of today and you would think I could have gotten the paperwork BEFORE now, but it is what it is). Its a fair amount of time/money to compensate for not TOO much additional work. I didn't want it but now it seems ok. I guess it will do. It has to, since I wasn't given a choice...LOL. The new customers are friendly and very happy to see me. They were taken off the very end of another route, and added to the very beginning of mine, so they are getting mail service nice and early, and everybody seems very pleased by that. And then there was a moment this morning when I was asked if I might be able to work tomorrow. Ugh! I HATE working Saturdays, although I tend to be fine with it when I get Monday off in compensation. Still, it ended up being unnecessary, so I get to be off tomorrow and that made me particularly happy. So, yes, it was a good day and Friday the 13th felt like a lucky day today.

Other lucky things for the day....I was having a rough time trying to finalize reservations for our last night in the UK. We are spending it in Manchester, hopefully near the airport since our flight Saturday morning is pretty early. I had attempted to make a reservation online, but it never completed by giving me a confirmation code, and then no email confirmation ever came in. I have been trying to deal with it....I sent multiple emails, to no avail. The website had a link to check your reservation but it required a confirmation code, which of course, I didn't have so it was useless. I finally was able to get home early enough to call and get it straightened out (or as Erica says now....I got it "sorted"...hehehe). We did have a reservation after all. I have no idea why I didn't get the email, but I got the code over the phone and everything is confirmed. I was charmed by the British politeness and accents, and I got to use the British "zed" for "z" when spelling our last name. Thanks to Erica for making me aware of that to not sound stupid. LOL.

It looks like a beautiful weekend. I have lots to do to get ready for our trip. Errands to run: cat food to stock up on, camera batteries to buy and a few things that Erica wants us to bring for her, as well as some travel toiletries that I need to pick up. Gotta try to figure out what to pack since its fairly warm here now, winter things aren't being worn, and yet its going to still be quite chilly in Northern England. I need to drag a couple of sweaters back out I guess. But its all good. I don't care what the weather is like. I get to see my daughter, and thats more than enough to make me happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner