Saturday, April 14, 2012

Weekends, Crime Sprees, and Paint



Its a beautiful Saturday. Unfortunately, Bruce got called in to work (not until 10:30, so at least he got to sleep in). He wasn't jumping for joy, but neither was he too unhappy. He gets to use a make up day off during our vacation, and less of his vacation days. It works. I spent a good part of today outside, letting the cats play. I still can't leave them out in the fenced in yard without supervision. We have gotten a little more relaxed....sometimes coming in for brief periods of time and going out to check on them frequently. But I have this fear of one of them getting out of the fence and with that road in front of our house....I don't want to think about it. The day is too nice for that.

So about the crime spree. There has been a rash of robberies, and break ins all around us. This past week, 3 young men, all armed with guns broke into a home very close to us. I didn't see any of it, but Bruce saw about 20 police cars heading just down the road. I was with my friends for Girls Night Out, so I missed the excitement. Fine by me. But these men broke right in to a home where the husband, wife, and 3 young children were AT HOME! One of the bad guys shot at the husband, putting a hole through the leg of his jeans, but missing any injury. The wife came out with a gun and shot one of the intruders (injurying him, but not seriously). The 3 men jumped in their car to leave, drove straight into a ditch and then took off on foot. The police had them apprehended within a short period of time. That is the one thing that is good to know....our police and sheriff's department seem to be capturing these criminals pretty regularly. But then again, driving into a ditch during a getaway makes me wonder just how intelligent these guys really were? How stupid must you be to think that armed robbery is a good idea? If I were going to risk my freedom, the stakes would have to be high. I mean seriously HIGH! Like millions of dollars kind of high. As far as I know, nobody out here in this part of the world has a stash of jewels, original artwork, or stacks of cash enough to make it worth it. It blows my mind.

But lets talk paint. I want to paint our dining room, living room and eventually den. Shades of blue....that much I do know. What I can't figure out is whether to go with pale silver/gray shades of blue, or more daring with brighter aqua and turquiose shades. Gray blues feel safer. I don't love overly bright colors on walls. I mean, I like it when I first see it, but I know I will get sick of it quicker. I think I prefer something semi-neutral and use accent colors to brighten it up. I have been using pinterest to pin dining room ideas, and its proving to be really useful for that. Still....light blue or aqua???? Which ever one wins out, I will stay in that shade family for the rest of the rooms. I KNOW I do not want a crayola box of colors especially since the rooms are all fairly open to each other. It needs some kind of continuity. I just need to get it right the first time, seeing as how Bruce and I are not overly fond of painting and it will probably have to remain whatever color I choose for a really long time.....Ugh....decisions, decisions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner