Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Celebrations



We just celebrated our 30th wedding Anniversary in Niagara Falls.  30 years is quite an accomplishment, and I am proud to have achieved that milestone.  Proud and grateful, because its been an honor to be married to my husband for all these years.  It was also Bruce's, ahem....29th birthday.  I know....the math is a bit tricky, but whatever.  I have been asked to elude to the birthday as little as possible, so this is the last you shall hear of it.

But we had a blast.  Our hotel view of the falls was spectacular.  We went to fabulous restaurants, and saw beautiful places.  I have a ton of pictures, some of which I have shared on Facebook.  I enjoyed every single minute of our vacation.  Of course, it was sad to have it come to an end.  Even sadder to head back to work this week, but apparently, working is necessary.  

I haven't meant to neglect my blog for days like this, but things have been crazy busy.  The new blogger interface continues to be weird and glitchy, and it makes me want to stab my computer screen with knitting needles.....but hopefully, eventually, the bugs will be worked out.  ?????  Blogging feels more like work instead of a fun hobby in the meantime.

So, I had made vet appointments for 2 of our cats on Monday.  It wasn't ideal to ease back into reality by mundane things like that, but the cats were due for their yearly check ups.  My sweet girl, Omen, was 18.4 pounds.  Apparently that is appalling for a domestic house cat.  LOL.  She has gained over 3 pounds in a year, and while that doesn't really sound like much for a human, it is a whopping HUGE big deal for a cat.  She is a big girl, with large round tiger paws....but still.  The vet says that her ideal weight is more in the 14 pound range, and so I am having to put her on a diet.  Which means ALL the cats must diet, because food can't be too readily accessible.  It is hard for her, and it is hard for me.  I don't like to make her unhappy.  And somehow we have got to force exercise on her.  We haven't figured out how exactly.  We have lots of cat toys.  The other 3 cats LOVE to play and run and chase fake feathery birds, and mice and red laser dots.  Omen....not so much.  She might swat at a feathery thing if it swings close enough to where she is reclining, but she is NOT going to let it disturb her rest.  Any ideas of irresistible cat toys, or games, or anything that might make a feline couch potato want to leap up and run and jump and play????  Our vet has given us a dire warning that she is headed for feline diabetes if we can't get this under control......my poor sweet kitty. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner