Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

I hope everybody is having a nice Father's Day weekend!  Bruce said that all he wanted was to go shooting, so he and Stephen are spending the afternoon at the gun range.  I am cooking a full roast beef dinner with all the trimmings.  It's what Bruce asked for.  He was very specific about not wanting to go battle the restaurant crowds today.  He deserves a day to do whatever he wants.  Between dealing with Dad's house in Danville, the endless yard work, and car repairs, he hasn't had time to do anything remotely fun.  We generally don't do gifts for Mother's/Father's Day.  I know lots of people do, and that's fine.  We just prefer, in light of already having too much stuff, to gift a day of leisure and a nice meal. 

So, Jeanne and Calvin are in England with Erica this weekend.  Calvin called earlier today to taunt Bruce a little bit.  He wanted to let us know he was sitting in our favorite pub " York Tap", and was close enough to touch Erica...LOL!  I am seriously, insanely jealous.  Not of their vacation...with all the grief Jeanne has dealt with over the estate, and Delaney's illness, and everything else that goes along with family life with teens in the house....they deserve this trip.  But I AM jealous when it comes to my kids.  I can't help it.  But I hope they are having a blast and will thoroughly enjoy the rest of their UK tour.  

Anyway, hopefully everybody will have a great week ahead.  Nothing much going on here other than work.  The calendar end of spring is this coming week, but honestly?  It was already over when the mercury reached 98 degrees this week past.  LOL!  Now, I am going into my hibernate as much as possible mode and dream of those lovely crisp cool days of fall!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner