Friday, June 21, 2013

Shooting Spree

We had a shooting incident at our local Walmart today.  4 people and the gunman were shot, but the last I heard everybody survived.  I think a lot of thanks should go to our police department.  Apparently they were on the scene and had half the town locked down tight within a couple of minutes.  And according to the news, strategies for mass shooting incidents were already in place.  That is wonderful, although it makes me sad and frightened that its almost not a matter of "if", but "when".  You know?  I shop at that Walmart.  Not often because its dirty, never has enough cashiers and the employees generally have a bad attitude.  Our Target is cleaner, nicer, better stocked, better staffed and the people who work there are usually friendly.  Still, some things can only be had at Walmart so I am forced to go there.  

It's all so scary, feeling like you are never safe in public.  But you can't stop living your life either.  I have to go to work, the grocery store, the bank and dentist and vet.  What would life be all holed up in the house out of fear??  I know that something needs to be done.  Laws need to change.  But in the meantime what do we do?  I wish I had answers.  I guess we all just have to keep on living our lives and keep the faith that if its not our time to go, we will be safe.  If it IS our time, it probably won't matter if we are huddled at home in fear, or enjoying a meal at a favorite restaurant.  Even so....something needs to change!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner