Saturday, July 27, 2013

Cover that up, please!

I spent my morning running errands, which is not one of my favorite things to do.  But it's a necessity as long as we keep requiring things like food.  I absolutely detest running errands after work, so I have to do it on my weekends.  It's more crowded then, but at least I feel halfway sane and lots less weary.  But anyway, I am about to get on my soapbox about those fashion faux pas again.  I love fashion.  I love clothes and shoes and accessories.  My lifestyle is just way too casual to need a lot, and I lean towards comfort and practicality anymore.  I am too old to suffer for fashion.  I can admire it from afar if its going to hurt.  But still....there are lines that should not EVER be crossed.  Like....ever!  At my Harris Teeter today there was a woman in her late 40's/early 50's.  So pretty much my age.  She had on the tiniest pair of athletic, running type shorts that I have ever seen.  She was overweight, way too white and really frumpy looking.  Ok, I get that.  I need to shed some pounds too.  It gets harder as we get older.  I will never fault anybody for their weight.  But please, dear God, please cover that shit up.  This woman dropped something and bent over right in front of me.  It was something no one should ever have to witness at the grocery store.  It was not a sight to drive men insane with lust.  It was heinous.  
The inseam on these shorts couldn't have been more than an inch.  I have seen panties with more coverage.  I can't imagine any sane woman of a certain age getting dressed and thinking that was ok, even to just run to the store for a few items.  Eeewwww!  It really bummed me out, pun intended.

Ok, let me cheer myself up after that stressful shopping trip.  So yesterday I called Bruce to let him know that I was running really late at work.  I was also going to let him know that if he would pick up something for dinner, it would be much appreciated (he did....yay).  I didn't get him, but he called me back a bit later.  Our conversation went something like this :

Bruce:  Did you call me?

Me:  Yes, where were you?

Bruce:  I was up in the barn.....(long awkward pause).....looking for certain items.....

LOL!   That part, the "looking for certain items" part had me laughing hysterically.  It sounded so strange and mysterious.  Like what could possibly be in our barn that must not be named over a phone call???  Ok, so aforementioned "certain items" turned out to be car parts that I guess he just didn't want to have to take the time to describe to me.  Maybe I read way too many mystery novels.  I don't know, but it was certainly good for a laugh.  Oh and thanks for the Mellow Mushroom pizza when I got home.  It made my day a little brighter.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner