Sunday, July 7, 2013

Post-Holiday

We had an amazing few days at the beach.  The weather could not have been more perfect.  And for the 4th of July we walked out of our hotel onto the beach and was able to see at least 6 fireworks shows.  No crowds, no traffic...we loved it.  All of the little townships: Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, Pine Knoll Shores, and more that I can't even name did fireworks for the 4th.  We could see them in both directions for miles.  There were more further away, and still more over the sound that we could see occasionally when one went off really high.  It was so beautiful that this might be my new 4th of July plan.  It beats our crowded, hot town commons and consequent sitting in traffic afterwards.  

So we found a new place to stay down on our coast.  It's further down than we usually stay.  6 miles after the Atlantic Beach bridge....a little past the aquarium in Pine Knoll Shores.  It's called the Clam Digger Inn.  All rooms are oceanfront.  It has an on site restaurant that was pretty good....food was fine, prices were good and the convenience of not having to go search for breakfast or lunch was priceless.  They rent beach umbrellas with lounge chairs and there is a poolside bar right on the edge of the beach that had delicious frozen margaritas.  So the place is not fancy.  The rooms are pretty standard and the bathrooms are minuscule.  But it was clean, comfortable and took care of every possible convenience you could need.  You could stay right there without leaving at all but we wanted to have dinner at our favorite places there.  The scallops at Sanitary Fish Market did NOT disappoint.  
One of our other favorites let me down to the point I may not go back....Queen Anne's Revenge, you sucked big time Friday night.  Also?  Fix the A/C in your restaurant.  I won't go back to a place that makes me sweat!

Speaking of sweat, our room had this super powerful A/C unit....I slept in a room that almost had icicles forming and I loved every single minute of it.  I sleep best when the room is nice and chilly....it was heaven.  I'm a bit spoiled now and feeling unsatisfied with the thermostats set on 74 degrees here at home....LOL!  But anyway, we had a lovely little getaway.  I hope everybody else enjoyed the holiday too. I have tomorrow off so I get to postpone reality for 1 more day, but it's back to work on Tuesday.
Yuck.  But I don't have to think about that for at least another day!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner