Thursday, October 10, 2013

Boston!

I really enjoyed our time in Boston.  I'm not sure if it's because the city was charming, or if it's because I had a week with Erica.  Either way, I had a blast.  We walked the freedom trail, had lots of delicious local cuisine, did a Duck tour in those vehicles that go on land and water.  That one was great...the guide was very articulate about the history.  And oh boy does Boston have a heap of great American history.  Then we drove right off into the harbor (haa-baa for Bostonians).  It was a lot of fun.

Hannia asked me if those New Englanders really have that intense of an accent.  The answer is YES!  They really do.  It's very different to my southern ears...LOL!  

We spent our last morning at the Langham hotel enjoying their incredible Chocolate Bar.  For $42 you can experience the closest thing to Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory that real life has to offer.  There is a huge buffet of fancy desserts.  There was a giant chocolate fountain surrounded by fruits, pretzels and goodies to dip.  There was an ice cream bar with loads of toppings, and more stuff that I didn't even get around to see.  There was chocolate soup. Oh and cotton candy....LOL!  I ate tiramisu, and rice pudding.  I had a chocolate, banana and BACON tart.  I can't even remember what I ate.  It's amazing and decadent.  But it's not something I would do often.  The desserts were high quality, and beautifully displayed.  But after a few things, I started to feel a little bit icky.  Things lost their flavor and all I could taste was sweet.....but still, it was worth it for the experience.

We also went to a Drag Queen show and had a blast.  At one point Bruce got dragged on stage to dance....hahahaha.  There might be pictures of this event, but he might kill me if I share. One Drag Queen in particular seemed quite taken with him.  Our waitress was a tranny named DeAnna.  She was very talkative and tried hard to make us feel at home.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, even if all 3 of us were molested at one point or another....the show was VERY interactive with the audience.  The club is Jacque's and if you are ever in Boston they do shows 7 nights a week.  A bit risqué, but lots of fun.  For adults....

Anyway, it has rained every single day since we have been home.  I am dying for some sunshine.  But all our travels went smoothly, and Erica made it home safely today.  She was at a conference after we left town, but is back in York now.  It's hard to adjust to work and real life after having such a fabulous time, but we are managing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner