Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunshine

Finally we have a bit of sun after 2 solid weeks of intermittent rain, gloom and gray drizzle.  We spent yesterday at the river with Chris, Jessica and Jeff.  There was lots of good food and conversation on their screened in porch with the beautiful river views.  But it was a rainy, gloomy day.  Poor Jeff came here from Seattle to escape the rain and it never really cleared up for his whole week of vacation.  But maybe it's all over now for a while.  It's sunny, cool and dry today, and that is a beautiful thing.

Anyway, nothing much is going on since we got back from Boston.  It's all good though.  Everybody is fine.  The kids are all doing well.  Stephen and Hannia were here on Thursday bearing a still warm batch of homemade churros.  Very delicious.  I have talked to, emailed with, and Skyped Erica over the past few days  too. She is super busy and now has a grad student to mentor and is teaching a little bit as well.  In addition to her other work.  Bruce and I are pretty much the same, too.  Healthy and happy but busier than we would like.....

Which reminds me of something I keep meaning to write about.  I am confused about things like keeping busy and the virtues of relaxation and zen.  Some people swear by cramming their schedules full of everything from work to social engagements to exercise.....is that best?  There are others who claim simplicity and the art of living a peaceful existence is the way to go.  Less commitment, time to stop and smell the roses, etc....??  Some busy people see that as lazy.  I'm not sure that I do.  I haven't gotten it all worked out in my head just yet, but it's something I ponder fairly frequently.  Maybe one day I will figure it out.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner