Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween

I hope everybody has a fun, but safe Halloween.  There is no partying going on in this house this year.  
Bruce had a tooth extracted this afternoon, and the numbing meds are wearing off.  He is in pain right now.  Poor hubby.  His face is a little swollen, and I get the feeling he is not up for celebrating.  I just asked him how awful would it be to have a tooth pulled and be out of commission for Halloween as a kid?  It would be devastating!!!  I hope he feels better soon.  He took tomorrow off work to recouperate, so that should help.

Penny Lane is recovering from her surgery too.  She is more active and is eating just fine.  There is 1 problem though.  She has had diahrrea.  Bruce talked to the vet.  It could be from the anesthesia, the meds, or even the stress.  She is a pretty neurotic, high anxiety dog anyway.  But dealing with this is not fun.  She lets us know when she needs to go out, which is frequently.  But this morning....OMG!  It was a fitting start to a Halloween day.  Penny sleeps in a dog crate inside.  She loves her crate and usually puts herself to bed about 10pm most nights.  We usually lock the door just so she doesn't wander and get into trouble in the middle of the night.  I swear she sleeps right through until morning so it works fine.  But this morning...I could smell the evil all the way down the hall.  She had had an accident sometime in the night.  I was cleaning up poop, washing poopy dog blankets and scrubbing the dog with a wet washcloth at 6:30 this morning.  BEFORE I even had coffee!  I couldn't just bathe her, because she is not supposed to get these stitches wet.  It was NOT a good start to my day.

Oh well, we googled it and dogs can take immodium.  We even found the dosage per weight for dogs, so hopefully this will help with this problem.  I don't think she is sick with a virus or anything because otherwise she is recovering really well.  I just hope and pray I don't wake up to another mess like that tomorrow.  Bruce looks too much in pain to make him deal with it...and I don't know if I can do all that before coffee again.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner