Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Droid

I think I posted before how much I LOVE my Droid phone. It's been solid since I got it over a year ago. There are newer Droids out there, but I get comfortable after finally figuring out some newer technology and don't want it to change unless its an absolute necessity. I get a new phone when my old one is no longer functional. I don't rush to upgrade every couple of months. I know a lot of people who do, and hey...if that floats your boat then go for it. I just hate the awkward phase of figuring out a new phone.

Anyway, like I said my Droid has been rock solid, reliable, nary a glitch. So I was completely surprised to find it on and frozen on the start up screen first thing this morning. It was plugged in to charge overnight...something my old non-smart phone didn't need. It would last for days. But my Droid lasts a full day even with heavy use. I just need to recharge every night. When I saw the screen on and in a mode that it was not in when I plugged it in last night I panicked. Not my phone! My cats were swarming around my ankles frantically trying to persuade me to stop delaying their breakfast, but I was as frozen as my Droid's screen running through the scenario of the day. Busy! How to find time to run into our local phone store?? How long will I be without a phone until I can get there? I broke out in a cold sweat as I started feeling cut off! What if somebody was trying to reach me at that very second?? Would I be able to use a loaner phone until mine could be fixed? Should I upgrade to something new? Oh Dear Sweet Lord this day is starting to suck before even that first cup of coffee!!!

What actually happened was that I took the battery out while I fed the cats ( yes they finally got to eat after a 5 minute or so delay....tragic!). I held my breath when I put the battery back in and turned it back on. But it booted up normally and has been fine all day since so maybe....knock on wood....it was just a crazy little glitchy thing. I haven't turned it off to reboot in months, and I know it's a good idea to do that occasionally. So hopefully it's fine. It made me nervous though.....

1 comments:

Hannia said...

Lol the Android picture looks like he's about to fine you for not rebooting your phone for a long time ;) hehe

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner