Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Thursday

I hope everybody is having a loving day, being kind, and wonderful to each other. I woke up to cards hidden in all the places that I frequent in the mornings. ALL my cards had a cat theme and yes, I absolutely love them all. Bruce only got a single card, but I ordered a bouquet of heart shaped cookies for him all done up with ribbons and stuff. I was going to take a picture, but the cookies have been sampled. A friend of mine at work has a sister who bakes and is starting a business doing cakes and edible bouquets, etc....she uses fresh eggs from her Mom's farm and her treats taste so delicious. I will definitely keep her in mind for any kinds of sweet things when we need them. She also lives just down the street from us too so how convenient is that?

So I was contemplating a new blog template, maybe a spring theme because I am so over these gray chilly days....but I re-read a post about how excited I was to have a beautiful live Christmas tree this past Christmas. Our cat, Omen started sneezing terribly after the tree was up in the house. She already has food allergies and will break out in itchy rashes if she eats cat food with grain fillers in it. A few days after the sneezing began, she started lying around all apathetic and dejected. She ran a fever. She barely left her favorite napping spot. She ended up needing a trip to the vet, a whole slew of meds for a sinus infection, etc....The vet thinks she was allergic to our tree. I was horrified but not about to take our beautiful tree down with Erica and the whole family coming. We gave Omen her meds and hoped for the best. We did take the tree down right after Christmas though. I didn't wait for Epiphany on January 6th like we usually do. The moral of this story is....artificial trees will just have to do from now on. That poor kitty was way too sick to risk it again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner