I am feeling a little like Spring, so I am trying to coax it into being with a new spring template.  Do you like it?  I mean, I am so over the snowman theme.  We had snow Saturday night.  Only about 2 inches or so, but it stuck and is still there in a few shady spots in the yard.  It was pretty and all but it kind of messed up our plans.  Hannia's birthday is today!  Happy Birthday Hannia.......so I had invited the kids over for dinner, cooked most of Saturday and had ordered the cutest Hello Kitty cake for her.  I ordered the cake from a friend who is trying to start a bakery business on the side (she works full time already).  I am always willing to help out local small businesses, especially ones that are being run by women.  Ok, I am a tad feminist, but seriously?  Women have gotten the short end of the stick for way too long in my opinion. 

Anyway, I cooked up a storm, literally.  About 3pm it started raining, and a little bit of snow was mixed in.  By 4:30 it was snowing like crazy and the roads were getting mushy.  I talked to Stephen on the phone, and we finally decided that it wasn't worth risking an accident.  I wouldn't have wanted to go out driving in that.  It kept right on snowing until almost midnight.  The roads were pretty clear by Sunday though so the kids came over and had leftovers and cake.  There was no great loss.  The only hard part was trying to keep Bruce from cutting her cake for 24 hours.  LOL! 

So, we were off work today....in honor of Hannia's birthday, and a little thing called President's Day.

Its been nice, having a 3 day weekend.  I could work so much better and more efficiently if we had 3 day weekends every week.  I had a day to get stuff done around the house (Saturday), a day to be a bum and get some rest (Sunday), and a day to go out and run all the necessary errands (today).  Perfect!  Of course, with all the news about the post office being broke, going to a 5 day week...etc, etc....that might be a case of be careful what you wish for. 

1 comments:

Hannia said...

AWW thanks ^_^ I missed this when you posted it!

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner