Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Seriously?

I am sick again. Seriously. This is the third time since New Years. Another cold, this time a bad one. The kind where the congestion feels like molten lava behind my eyes and cheekbones. It ain't pretty....and with my chapped lips, and red nose, neither am I. As soon as I get over this a little and start to feel halfway human, I need to make a Dr. appointment for thyroid blood tests again. The first sign that my levels are off is not having much of an immune system. So....yeah....either that is acting up, or I have just been really unlucky this winter. I wash my hands constantly, I take vitamins....any other suggestions? Other than living in a bubble?

Anyway, I was already scheduled off work today, and yesterday was Presidents Day. Not sure if I will make it tomorrow, but we will see how I feel. In the meantime, I am just taking it easy. Hopefully this will go away quickly.

On another note, we are waiting for a tree service company to get here this morning. We are having this large pecan tree by the kitchen topped out, to minimize any risks during hurricane season. If this thing fell, it would either take out the kitchen, or fall the opposite way and the huge root system would tear out the kitchen wall. So, Bruce is trying to make sure it stays put even during the storms.
He might get him to touch up the one in the front too. The utility company keeps the front side cut back off of the power lines, but that makes it a little heavy on the house side. I don't think it is close enough to hit the house though.....Its hard to judge the height and distance.

Edited to add: The tree guys are here with their humongous lift/bucket truck. Bruce is outside with them. He looks like a kid with a new toy. Men and large equipment....I don't understand it. You know, he wanted to do the tree himself with a ladder and chain saw. He actually DID do as much as he could reach that way, and believe me, it scared the daylights out of me. He doesn't seem to think its risky, why would I be afraid??? When he agreed to call the tree service in, I was so relieved. I am getting way too old for that kind of stress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner