Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

Hope you are all enjoying this Friday the 13th.  I think we have something like 3 this year.  Anyway, I celebrate Fridays of all kinds, not just the ones that fall on the 13th. 

So, I have nothing to say so this is more like stream of consciousness blogging today.  This weather is so weird right now.  At least its not a heat wave, and believe me, I am plenty grateful for that.  Its definitely hot, but not death heat.  Its just muggy and humid, sunny one minute and pouring rain the next.  For 2 days in a row Bruce has gone straight out after work to cut some grass.  And both days his efforts were thwarted by a downpour.  We are beginning to believe the starting of the lawnmower is akin to an Indian rain dance.  Hmmm...definitely will have to keep this in mind for our next drought. 

I am planning to take off for the outlets in Smithfield tomorrow morning.  I need summer clothes, and I have thus far been unsuccessful in finding anything that suits me here in Gville.  Part of my problem is the fact that I just do not LIKE summer clothes.  I love jeans, sweaters and boots.  But the facts are that we need summer clothes from March though November here most years.  And rarely, even in Dec. -Feb. do we need anything more than short sleeves and a light jacket.  Shorts are mandatory in July and August....and those are so darned tricky.  There is just such a discreptancy in length....depending on height/build.  A pair of shorts need to hit the sweet spot on your leg.  Too short and it looks cheap and tacky.  Too long and it is old lady frumpy.  And since the proper length is different on everybody.....UGH!  I am giving up, giving in and just buying something that fits well tomorrow.  I can always take them in for hemming later.   Its all about the vertical line of sight, style wise.  Shorts cut the line and can make you look shorter and wider if you aren't careful.  Capri pants are potentially worse, and even though I have a couple of pairs....I just don't know if I am getting it right.  Stacy and Clinton from What NOT To Wear suggest that almost everybody looks better in a pair of just above the knee walking shorts than capris unless you are 6 feet tall and a size 2.  And I am neither.  So much to worry about.......

Anyway, I am going to be open minded and hopeful.  Even if I don't like summer clothing, I still have to get dressed every morning.....its easier when you have the right clothes for the weather.  And then I am going to come home and dump everything that has made me unhappy for whatever reason into the Goodwill pile.  I am inclined to dump anything that has ever made me SWEAT, but if I did that, I would have to be naked for the rest of eternity.  LOL.  I don't think a piece of clothing exists that could make anybody NOT sweat when the heat index is 115 plus degrees......and if there is, I definitely want it!

On another note, I still have no idea what happened with my template.  Hannia says she likes this one, and I am glad.  This is just one of the standard ones that blogger offers.  I found a couple of fancier ones that I really liked last night but then blogger refused to accept them, always giving me error code when I tried to upload.  I am beginning to think it has something to do with their new formatting which I DO NOT LIKE!  The old format was so easy to change, and this one.....unless I am doing it wrong (always a possibility) has been made to accept only the templates available on their pitiful little list.  Ugh.  Shame on you blogger, every time I get comfortable you have to go and change stuff on me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner