It was hot today.  The high was 88 degrees, which doesn't sound all that bad.  Uncomfortable, maybe, but not death heat.  But it was so muggy, so wet, that it felt every bit as bad as those 103 degree days we had a week or so ago.  The humidity is beyond words right now.  And we just had another hour long torrential downpour.  One thing is for certain, our area is NOT having a drought, and I guess that is a good thing.  I just watched a news report about Illinois and the whole middle of the country and how hot and dry it is there.  The drought is just terrible.  I wish I could send them some of our daily rain.  Right now, even as I write this, we have a constant rumbling of thunder that seemingly will never end.  Just one long grumble that has been going on for quite a while. 

So, I reiterate that while I am refraining from any kind of political statement on Facebook, all bets are off here.  Can anybody, anywhere seriously think that having Romney as our President is a good idea?  Beyond the questionable business practices and refusing to make public his tax returns.  Beyond the Swiss bank accounts, and Bermuda, or Cayman Island accounts, and so forth and so on....he just looks like a serial killer, wound so tightly that he could reach out and grab the next closest person to murder in some heinous way.  I don't know what it is about him exactly, but there is something in his eyes that is just not right.  He creeps me out in ways that have nothing to do with political platforms, or shady business dealings.  Obviously, he will NOT get my vote.  Ever!

Anyway, while I am blabbering on about nothing in particular, let me say this:  Can you BELIEVE the way that London disrespected Bruce Springsteen in the Hyde Park concert last night?  Lori?  Lori?  Can you hear me?  Those crazy disrespectful Brits cut the power off DURING the concert!!  While Paul McCartney was onstage with Bruce!!!  What is wrong with these people?  LOL.  I will have to consult with Erica and see if she has any insight into what would cause such a travesty.  I know that if I was at that concert I would be pissed off majorly.  I am surprised that there wasn't some kind of angry stampede, although maybe that kind of thing only happens in the US. 

Oh well, another Monday is over and done with.  And for that I am grateful.  2 more weeks until our vacation, and let me tell you...I can't wait.  I need/want a break from work, from this eastern NC summer so bad that I am counting the days until we are off to celebrate our anniversary!!!  Come on August!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner