Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday America

 


This is MY idea of 4th of July fun.  Especially in this heat....LOL.  But I hope everybody has a nice, fun and SAFE celebration today.  It is wonderful to have this day off, in the middle of the week.  It breaks the work week up so nicely that I am considering asking for a 4 day work week permanently.
Not sure how that will go over with the boss, but it IS a nice idea.

We are probably going downtown (or UPtown....they call it uptown here, and I am not sure the reason why).  The regular Wednesday Uptown Umbrella market is going on, maybe dinner at Tipsy Teapot, and then, if no storms have blown in, or none of us is dying from heatstroke, we may stroll on down to the town commons for the fireworks.  We have missed the fireworks only a handful of times in the past 29 years that we have lived here.  Yeah, seriously, we moved here to Gville 29 years ago this week.  Erica was 6 weeks old.  I guess I am officially a local by now.  But anyway, out of those handful of times we were other places seeing other fireworks (although not that often as we have that dread of July travel).  But of the couple of times we missed just because we didn't feel like battling the heat or the crowds and just sat home....well, every single time I felt sad and like I missed out on the holiday.  Crazy, I know, because its not like it is the most amazing thing ever, down on the town commons.  But still, its like not putting up a tree at Christmas, or not having turkey at Thanksgiving.  Fireworks are essential for the 4th.  I hope you get to see some wherever you are. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner