Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Stephen Colbert

Oh my Lord, I absolutely LOVE Stephen Colbert.  Like puffy pink heart, all chocolate and rainbows kind of love.  And after seeing his show this afternoon (I am usually not awake when his show comes on at night, so I catch the reruns the next day) I might even love him more.  The piece he did about the Texas GOP's latest platform was genious.  The way he highlights the insanity and ridiculousness of all of it.  I laughed until I had a belly ache.  But as funny as it was, as funny as HE was...the underlying truth that there really ARE people out there who would love to outlaw "critical thinking skills" and science makes me sad.  Its a sick sad world out there, and sometimes I feel hope that responsible human beings can bring thing back into balance.  And other times, when I hear the kind of things that the GOP really believes in (seriously?  I mean....seriously?), I want to curl up in my bed and weep for the state of humanity. 

Anyway, the  Republicans are making it easier for me to narrow down just where I might want to spend my retirement years.  Arizona is definitely OUT!  No way would I live there. Not with that insane Governor.  South Carolina is also a place I would never, ever want to go back to live either.  Especially not in Greenville.  And now, Texas is out as well.  I refuse to live in a place that doesn't want people using any of those dreadful "critical thinking skills".  At the very least, they practice what they preach though.  I mean, clearly, anybody involved in making such a statement hasn't used any of their critical thinking skills in decades.  So sad, so sickening, and so disheartening. 

Oh well, it is my dream that one day Stephen Colbert will run for President.  And I am not kidding. 
But all politics aside (God that's hard these days what with all of the political ads and non-stop media coverage), I am in serious need of a break from work.  This summer is proving to be the worst one yet, and I am weary and worn down.  There are 9 more (working) days until we head out for Niagra and it just can't get here fast enough.  We really haven't taken time off this summer, and I am beginning to really feel it.  But like Bruce said, we have the trip at the beginning of August, a week in the Outer Banks with friends in October, and then we want to be able to spend time with Erica when she comes home for Christmas.  We have been rationing vacation time so that we can do that. 

I hope the rest of the week finds everybody happy and well.  I am just waiting on my weekend....:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner