Monday, September 23, 2013

OUCH

At work on Friday, I started to feel some pain on my left side, from my shoulder blade to under my arm.  I just thought I had pulled a muscle because seriously in my line of work it happens.  On Saturday I felt a prickly, burning pain that felt somewhat like a bad rug burn....UNDER my arm!  LOL!  Explain that one to me.  By Sunday I had a rash...not huge, but really painful and the tender pulled muscle pain was getting worse instead of better.  I hadn't said much about it, but I finally got Bruce to check it out.  The first thing he said was SHINGLES!  Ugh!  

I thought about trying to work with it and hope for the best, but it was more painful than your average sore muscle.  I started thinking about our upcoming trip to see Erica in a week.  So, I broke down and went to the Doc today.  It's definitely shingles.  But hopefully I caught it before it got too bad and spread much.  It's still this one little rash-like area under my arm.  I'm on an anti-viral which should help speed things up.  It's the same one they prescribe for herpes.  Awesome.  I just hope it works really fast.  And once this is gone I plan to check into the new shingles vaccine.  I don't want a repeat of this again if I can help it.  

The Dr said that stress usually causes a flare up.  I can honestly say this whole thing with my sister and Sydney's wedding that I am not invited to upset the hell out of me.  Oh well....hopefully it will clear up in time to have fun in Boston.  Have a great week everybody.  Mine is not off to the greatest start, but it's going to get better.  I insist on it!  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner