Monday, September 9, 2013

Powerless

Our electricity went out tonight.  The whole incident lasted maybe 45 minutes, but it's funny how antsy we got in that short amount of time.  It is also funny how quiet it gets with no electrical gadgets on.  I don't think any of us actually realize just how much background noise we hear all of the time.  The television is obvious.  But the sound of the ceiling fans, the AC units, the refrigerator ...when it all goes off it is unnerving.  Bruce started speculating that if it was a solar flare, then power could be off all over the world and we might not even know it...LOL.  We called Stephen on the other side of town who had electricity so that disproved Bruce's prediction of doom.  Thank God!  I still had 3G on my phone but I was planning to recharge it overnight so my battery was kind of low.  Our WiFi was out!  I started wanting coffee which I never drink in the evenings because it keeps me awake. Just knowing I had no way of making coffee brought on instant cravings.  Insane!  Then we began panicking that this mini-series we have been following was coming on later tonight and we might have to miss an episode (Under The Dome, by Stephen King).  Luckily we should be able to see it and the minute all of the electricity came back on again my craving for coffee completely disappeared.

Anyway, no idea what was going on.  There was no storm, or wind, or anything like that....but life has gone back to normal.  The house is cooling down again.  It got really stuffy really quickly, but then temps were in the low 90's today.  Everything is fine again.....yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner