Sunday, September 1, 2013

Dear Amazon

Dear Amazon,
I love you.  I really and truly do.  The convenience of one click shopping for almost anything my mind can imagine,all at great and competitive prices makes you invaluable.  Priceless even.  I can get anything from cheap refill bags for our litter lockers (a diaper genie for cat boxes), to some obscure movie that only 3 people on the planet have heard of, to the Rieker German-made shoes that never ever hurt my feet in more styles than any shop in NYC could ever carry.  But....and you knew there was a "but" coming, didn't you?  Your packaging drives me insane.  

I checked your packaging policies on your website.  There is even a link to provide customer feedback....WHICH I DID!!! The problem is not safe shipping.  All of my items have arrived perfectly intact.  It's not even environmental....exactly.  All of your packing materials are recycled AND recyclable, which I seriously appreciate.  But the size!?!?!?  OMG, does it have to be so freaking HUGE?  

Ok, so my daughter asked me to bring her a pair of running insoles when we meet up in Boston later this month.  She lives in the UK and certain items are not that easy to find. I opted to go the easy route of ordering on Amazon instead of fighting traffic to find a running store here in our town  They came yesterday.  A pair of running insoles in a package that could have fit 20 times over in my mailbox were in a box that could have fit 2 large sized laptop computers.  Our mailman left it on our front porch because there was no way it could go in a mailbox.  How aggravating for both me AND him.  Also?  We ordered a large sports net (we use it to corral our cats into the courtyard for a safe cat-friendly outdoor space for them).  These are hard to find but Amazon has them available for a great price.  The folded net was approximately the size of a medium sized clutch handbag.  But it came in a box large enough to fit one of those old- fashioned, oversized microwave ovens.  You know, the ones that take up ALL of your counter space?  

Anyway, I  adore your website.  I puffy pink heart freaking LOVE it!  But I (and my Mailman), would so appreciate it if you could package items in an appropriately sized box.  I am tired of hauling cardboard to our recycle center.....
Sincerely,
Your Biggest Fan
Rebecca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner