Thursday, May 24, 2012

The dreaded Summer

Its the most horrible time of the year....(sing it to music, yo).  Its the first day of summer.  Once upon a time, I loved it.  Now I would skip it altogether if I only could.  I was reading this book, (meaning listening to it on CD in my car), and while it was neither particularly good or worth mentioning, the basic storyline takes place at a lake.  The whole entire family takes off 2 months every single summer and rents a house at a certain lake.  Always the same lake and quaint little vacation town, but apparently not always the same house.  What???  I mean really!  I was beset by jealous so deep that words can't begin to describe it.  Who in the world has the ability to take off for 2 whole months every single summer to play and swim and bask in the sun?  Don't these people have jobs?  Lives?  Homes to maintain?  Lawns to mow?  Bills to pay?  The very idea of going away for 2 months sounds so wonderful and amazing that it might be enough to make me not hate summer.  I could tolerate it easily if I were lounging by a lake.  Stupid people and their stupid 2 months off.  I don't even have to go away (although that would be wonderful).  Just 2 months off from work would be almost as good. 

Ok, so while I am dreaming, I will take a moment to also say that this was a horror novel and unspeakable things happened around the lake that summer.  I don't think I am too keen on that part. But the rest of it?  Well, I could totally go for 2 months off from the grind.  Any ideas on how to make that happen?  Minus the heinous bloody murders, I mean.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner