Do you like the cute new Ladybug template?  I really enjoy being able to switch around whenever the mood strikes me.  Ladybug season is in full swing here in NC, so it seems appropriate.  But anyway, Vixen had her regular checkup at our vet today.  We are lucky that our vet does morning hours on Saturday for people who work regular hours during the week.  It makes things so much easier.  Of course, those hours fill up quickly, so making an appointment in advance is a good idea.  Vixen is our only cat that does NOT do well at the vet....(with NEW situations, NEW people, pretty much anything that is out of the norm for her).  I felt so awful because just a few minutes before time to leave, I had the carrier sitting out and open on the couch.  I had already warned Bruce to be close by in case I required assistance (yes, really.  She is 8 lbs of fierceness).  But Vixen jumped into the carrier, blithely ignorant of things to come, and started checking it out.  I jumped at the opportunity, and closed it up and ran out the door before she knew what hit her.  I am certain she feels betrayed by me now, and it makes me sad.

So anyway, she is fine.  She got some kind of vacinne, checked out to be normal and healthy.  But....she was hissing and growling and carrying on like a thing possessed by Satan.  Once again, I was ashamed.  At least the vet AND the techs know us, know her and were prepared.  They saturate a towel in Feliway (a kitty hormone that is supposed to relax them) and drape it over her head while 2 techs hold her down.  She contorts into a writhing mass of black fur, all fangs and claws.  Its quite a scary sight to behold.  And the noise is just awful.  And embarrassing.  She was still carrying on like that when I walked back into the crowded waiting room with her carrier.  All the dogs got quiet as they studied the shaking, hissing, growling carrier I put down on the floor while I paid the bill.  I really want to get some yellow caution tape saying "Beware!  Dangerous Animal" to put on the carrier whenever I have to take her into public. To heighten the effect.  The other cats may meow pitifully a little, but then they relax and purr and are friendly to the vet and staff whenever we have to go.  Oh well, it is what it is.  She is  4 years old, and I doubt a personality change is anywhere on the horizon for us.  She does need to come in for a dental cleaning in a few months.  The vet asked me to inform the appointment desk that we need to be the first in line for our appointment, so they can give her anesthesia right away.  And we need to be available to pick her up as soon as she wakes up.  LOL.  But seriously, it is better not to upset her (and the whole office) any more than is absolutely necessary. 

But on to the sadness...One of my co-workers passed away last night.  He worked yesterday, stayed late until 9pm due to some stressful new changes that are being implemented (routes being cut and consolidated....some carriers losing their jobs while others endure more and more work being heaped on them.).  He had to take care of some things because the changes were due to take place this morning.  He died of a heart attack in his car.  It probably can not be proven, but I place blame, at least partially, on the environment of stress that we all deal with on a daily basis.  He was a nice man, with a quick smile and a good sense of humor.  He will be sorely missed, and its a tremendous loss for our office.  I feel so terrible for his family right now.  And I hope (but somehow doubt) that our district management is paying attention to just what their policies and strategies do to people's lives.  Its odd that just the day before we were called in for a meeting advising us to NOT discuss any internal workings of the office with the media...???  So, I guess we also lose our right to freedom of speech too?  I don't know....it makes me wonder.  Its a terrible situation, and it I hate that this happened.

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  We finally have a sunny day after a week of rain, so at least that is a cause to be happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner