Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Erica


20 some odd years ago, on this very day, my beautiful daughter made me a Mom.  Made US parents.  It will always be remembered by both my husband and myself as one of the happiest days of our lives.  I felt so awkward, incompetent and frightened that anybody would entrust such a tiny perfect little being to someone like myself.  But somehow, she survived our parenting.  She thrived even.  And now I am honored to be able to see exactly what I used to wonder about when she was just a baby:
Who would she grow up to be?  What would she be like? 

You make us proud, my daughter.  Always!  And although I am sad that you are an ocean away during your birthday celebration, I hope my well wishes for a wonderful birthday, a fantastic year ahead, and a charmed and blessed life make their way to you.  And hopefully, you will also get to eat cake, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner