Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day and Other Things....



Pets have mother's too! 

I wanted to give a moment of consideration to all of us Mom's out there this weekend.  I know I have said this before, but once again....its a hard holiday for me since my Mom passed away.  If your Mother is alive, please feel gratitude and show her some love.  Trust me when I say you WILL miss her when she is gone.  Unless she is some heinous crack addicted, axe murderer, and even then, she gave you the gift of life....I am sure you can find something to be grateful for.  I know we get all wrapped up in the romantic idea of motherhood and occasionally forget that some Mom's aren't exactly warm and fuzzy.  But you know what I mean.  I hope your Mom is alive and well and doesn't suck.  I think that about covers it.  LOL. 

But anyway, we are going to do something fun that I want to do for Mother's Day, and I am grateful and happy about that.  We are seeing "Dark Shadows" with Johnny Depp.  It got some harsh reviews, but whatever....Tim Burton and Johnny Depp can't completely suck, and hopefully it will be something to have some laughs over.  I am not expecting Academy Award material....just a fun few hours to forget that I am feeling a little sad. 

But that's tomorrow.  Today I am attending my very first Quinceanera!  My friend Ana has a daughter Becky who is turning 15, and in Mexican culture the fifteenth birthday is celebrated in a big way.  Much like our Sweet 16.  I know it involves a formal dress, and a ceremony to celebrate coming into womanhood.  There is a reception following and its being held at the Convention Center.
I think its all a really big affair and I am looking forward to seeing this.  I am not sure my dress is dressy enough, but hopefully people will consider that I am uneducated as to what to expect and forgive me.  I didn't realize just how formal it all was until it was too late for shopping so it is what it is. 

Anyway, I hope you all are having a lovely weekend, and having a nice time with your Mothers. 


Here's a picture of our very own Mama kitty with her own babies.  I know Bitty is thriving (and is NOT so Itty Bitty anymore).  I just hope that these other 3 babies have had a happy life as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner