Thursday, May 10, 2012

Walmart....Scary or Not?

I avoid our Walmart as much as is humanly possible, except that there are things that I do occasionally have to go there for.  I try not to go more than once a month....but today was the day.  I HAD to go.  I am having a fit with allergies, and I wanted to try OTC Allegra since my Zyrtec has stopped working.  Plus, we needed kitty treats.  I didn't want to have to stop at several places...so....Walmart it is.  Our Walmart is older, and dirty and very sad.  It smells like desperation and sweat with a hint of urine thrown in for good measure.  There are occasional shootings, and the need for police presence there, too, which adds to its over all aura of scariness.  We are getting a new Walmart and I have high hopes that it will be better.  But while stuff is going on at the new location (looks like they are clearing and leveling the lot), the actual construction hasn't even begun yet.  It will be a while.  Our Target is nice, clean and friendly, but....they do NOT carry catnip flavored kitty treats.  So tragic.

But anyway, I bit the bullet and headed to Walmart after work.  I found a parking space only sort of far away from the door (this place is always crowded, and I don't know why).  I pulled in, cut my car off, and immediately wished I had parked elsewhere.  Next to me was a man sitting in the passenger side of a pickup truck.  Music was blaring, the bass shaking my windows.  The man was bald and tattooed and looked suspiciously like a neo-nazi skinhead.  I was a little unnerved but the idea of coming home without those catnip treats was even more frightful.  I sat for a moment, watching the man do some heavy duty headbanging to his loud music, and then opened my door and started to get out.  I caught a bit more of the beat of the song.....was it?  Could it actually be?  LOL......YES!!!  Scary skinhead man was headbanging away to Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust"!!!  And that?  That is SO NOT scary.  It made me smile, laugh out loud even.  Bless Freddie's heart, he was madly talented but scary he was not.  And if you appreciate Queen, chances are that you are not scary either.
I started to relax just a little bit.

And then, as I was steering my cart down the narrow, crowded aisles, I caught a snippet of conversation that made me smile even bigger.  There was a little old man, seriously older.  Barely hobbling along kind of old.  He was chatting away on his cell phone though.  He was saying, "Hey baby, how can I have the best day of my life unless I get to see you?"  Awwwww.....hahahahaha.  Smooth talking player that he is, he was sweet talking some woman and doing a damned fine job of it.  And you know what?  I hope he does get to see her and I hope he does have the best day of his life.  I really do.  And I hope skinhead man never changes his tastes in music because as far as I am concerned, his taste is excellent. 

Oh, and also?  I got a virtual armload of catnip kitty treats AND the generic allegra was super on sale.  So maybe, just maybe thats why people crowd into that place after all.  Still....I am looking forward to the new one opening......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner