Sunday, May 13, 2012

Wonderful Day

It has been a nice weekend.  The Quinceanera was a lot of fun.  Becky wore the most amazing gown.  I wish I had pictures, and hopefully Ana will get a chance to post some.  This was a full length ball gown, in teal, with some peacock feathers....I can't describe it exactly.  But it was beautiful and unique and peacock feathers were the color scheme of the night.  Very pretty.  And my dress was fine.  There were people more dressy than me and plenty way less dressy, so fitting into the middle was ok.  We all had a good time, and dinner was delicious.  I am teasing Stephen and Hannia that since their child will be half Mexican, and half American, she will need a Quinceanera AND a Sweet 16th party.  LOL, twice the fun.

And today has been a really nice Mother's Day as well.  We went to see Dark Shadows.  Stephen didn't like it, thought it was really boring except for a few tiny parts of humor....not enough to carry the whole 2 hours.  But I actually liked it.  Maybe because I used to actually watch the overly dramatic show as a kid?  Maybe because I liked the soundtrack or Johnny Depp?  Having Alice Cooper in it made me love it too.  Its not amazing, but it was entertaining.

Dinner was at Anchalee's Thai restaurant.  I love it, Stephen and Hannia love it, and Bruce tolerates it.  LOL.  But he went without protest for my special day out, which was nice and much appreciated. 
Somehow, even though we were full of yummy Thai food, we still managed to hit up Peppermints,  and found room in our bellies for frozen yogurt.  They make this creamy peanut butter flavor, and with a sprinkle of reece cups, and some chocolate syrup...well, its heavenly. 

And now, sadly, the weekend is over.  I am off work tomorrow, but not for fun.  I have an appointment with a new Dr. tomorrow.  I have been having some issues, and feel like my thyroid levels are off again.  I am hopeful the new doctor will have some ideas because I just don't think the medication I am on is working well anymore.  I am sure there will be a battery of tests and I am not happy about it, but if it helps, then I am ready to bite the bullet and go for it.  Wish me luck....
and have a fantastic week.

2 comments:

Hannia said...

LOL no mention of Elvis! ;)

Unknown said...

Oh yeah....I should have written about our torment. I was so scared. LOL!

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner