Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wife Abandonment



I have been abandoned for the LONG awaited (like 11 years) release of Diablo 3 this past week.  Even my son is in on the action this time around.  All of Bruce's friends are playing, mostly hooked up by conference call so they can all coordinate their efforts.  Bruce is in there right this minute playing with Jeff, who is in Washington state, and Randy who is currently in Germany.  Technology is pretty amazing when you think about it.

But anyway this is NOT the first time that I have been a Diablo widow.  From the release of the first version, I became invisible.  And unhearable, too, I think.  Just yesterday I told Bruce (while he was in the heat of Diablo battle) that I was taking chicken out of the freezer to make a grilled chicken Ceasars salad for dinner.  He enthusiastically said, "Oh ok, sounds good!"  Later that afternoon, he took a gaming break, walked through the kitchen and groaned with disappointment..."Chicken???  Are we having chicken for dinner?"  Hubby is not a huge chicken fan.  He likes it fried, which I don't do here at home, but beyond that he is just underwhelmed by chicken.  I happen to love it, and so I do make it occassionally.   But the point is....he answered my chicken for dinner question so I assumed that he actually HEARD me!  Guess not, huh?

To be fair, he only started gaming after all of the grass was cut yesterday.  And since we have a huge property, that is no small feat to accomplish, so I can't complain.  And honestly?  I know so many women who have husbands who come home late from work, sneak around, make suspicious phone calls.  Women who spend an inordinate amount of time going through their husbands phone log, or wallet.  Trying to track them down...etc.  I have a philosophy that trust is everything, and so I wouldn't waste a moment of my time trying to prove my husband guilty of cheating.  Its not worth it.  If he is then he is a waste of my time.  A waste of any woman's time if you ask me, and should therefore be labeled and shunned as "totally NOT worth it".  But I am off on a wild tangent that has nothing to do with being a Diablo widow.  I will save my "Cheaters" rant for another day. 

The point is, that I really don't mind so much.  I may get temporarily annoyed if I NEED a response to something (like what would you like for dinner...).  But that inconvenience is small, and I willingly accept it because my husband is a good guy.  A trustworthy man who has been here with me and for me through thick and thin.  Besides, he is having fun.  He is positively gleeful!  I think he deserves the chance to chill out with his friends and gang up on the devil.  LOL.  And another good thing for this release?  At least this time around I don't have to perform the duties of a single parent.
The other 2 versions left me dealing with 2 children on my own until the game was completed or the thrill wore off.  I don't mind so much having freedom to do whatever I want by myself.  Plus, I can ask him anything, ANYTHING while he is playing and he will respond in the affirmative....Hmmmm....Let's see:

Me:   "Hey, can we get a kitten?"
Hubby:  "Oh sure, go ahead!"

Me:  "Can I take off with my friends for a 2 week cruise to the Mediterranean?"
Hubby:  "Oh yes, no problem."

Me:  "I need a couple of grand for a new wardrobe.  Will that be ok??"
Hubby:  "Ok, yeah, thats fine."

Wow, this could actually work out to my advantage?  LOL! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner