Thursday, March 22, 2012

Disgruntled

At work today, my supervisor hands me my edit book (which is a listing of every address on my route, in order, and has to be changed whenever somebody moves, or a new house is built, etc. etc). She said, "Your new additions are in there." ? ? ? New additions? Nobody EVER mentioned anything about NEW ADDITIONS. I mean, I KNEW we had a team in from district cutting some of the overburdened routes, but as far as I knew my name was not in the pot to either give or receive anything at all. I was flabbergasted, then pissed off royally. I have about all that I can handle on my plate right now. I don't want anything else to deal with. But nobody asked what I wanted so there it is.....Approximately an hour more work a day. Ugh....

And the thing is that in some ways I got lucky. Some people got additions of things that are basically crap. Apartments....always crap. First off because they usually have those big central boxes (which we get paid far less to service since they are all in one confined space) and secondly because even though you get paid LESS, the time and hassle of dealing with them always ends up being more than a regular box. Mainly due to renters moving in and out and trying to keep track of who is there and who is not.
Believe it or not, not everybody even fills out a change of address, so after a couple of weeks, paperwork has to be filed, and stuff returned to sender...yada yada yada. Rentals are always more of a hassle. And my new part is a couple of decent little neighborhoods. I could have gotten something far worse and I know that. But still...I don't want to do more work than I am now. I know its a raise in pay, but honestly, I don't even want that. Why couldn't I just be left alone?

Oh well, it starts on the Saturday before Easter. And apparently there is nothing I can do but suck it up and do it. And that gave me a headache for the day. Not the first job-related headache, and I am damned sure its not the last one either. You would think I could have had some warning, wouldn't you? At least a mention of what was being considered, so I could put my 2 cents in for what its worth.

Anyway, I was going out to eat with Stephen and Hannia tonight, but after the day that I had (it was a long, tough day above and beyond that crappy news of additions) I wasn't up for it. We postponed until tomorrow. I honestly hope to make it then because I have had a serious craving for some of our favorite Thai food at Anchalee's. Pad Thai, with crispy chicken. I am looking forward to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner