Saturday, March 24, 2012

Movie Time

I poked fun at my husband over his looong list of movies that he will watch over and over every time he clicks through channels and finds one on. Well, I have found one that apparently grabs me EVERY! SINGLE! TIME! Its "The Horse Whisperer". And I don't know why. I don't dislike horses, but know very little about them. I like Robert Redford just fine, he is certainly easy on the eyes, but I don't feel compelled to go see a movie just because he is in it. I can't tell you what it is other than it has a happy ending. The horse recovers, the girl recovers, and even though the Mom has no idea that she is broken, she recovers too. And the scenery is beautiful, being set in Montana. Its a little too cowboy-esque (I really dislike westerns) for me, which is why it surprises me how compelled I feel to watch it. I have seen it twice in just the past couple of weeks. And its long, too....go figure.

We watched (well, I kind of watched) "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" earlier this week. That one surprised me too. For one thing, I thought it was a kids book...well, for older kids. Maybe because the title reminds me of Harry Potter titles like "The Boy Who Lived"....I don't know. But its SO not. It was violent and had graphic sex scenes. Wow, shocker. Not because that offends me, but because I was thinking "kids movie". LOL! There is one part where a cat is brutally murdered, and I could barely watch after that (hence that kind of watched thing). I hate animal death in movies (think Marley and Me). I can watch people get ripped to shreds and while I get a little squeamish if its really bloody, it doesn't bother me nearly as much. But let a dog or a cat get killed and I can hardly stand it. It affects me on some deeper level that I can't explain. I probably need therapy to figure that one out, but since I have neither the time nor the inclination, I just try to avoid movies with dying animals in them. Even Bambi made me cry as a kid, and I still won't watch it again even now. Don't get me started on Ol' Yeller. LOL.

Anyway, its a rainy Saturday so yardwork is out. Pity, too, because Bruce finally broke down and bought a new lawnmower. This is one that he has wanted for years, but kept putting it off while our old one was still working. And now that the old one is finally on its last leg, and our local Tractor Supply was offering a nice spring sale on these, he went for it. Its got the bars instead of steering wheel, and a zero turn radius. I haven't tried it yet, but the bars kind of freak me out. I feel like it is going to be tricky to figure out. I will have to get out there and try it one day soon. We already had to cut the yard once since spring sprung VERY early this year. I am hoping that this rain will wash away some of the pesky pollen....OMG my allergies are acting up something fierce, and some days the pollen is so thick it hangs like fog in the air. Everything is coated with yellow powder. I am ready for fall already.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner