Monday, March 12, 2012

Europe, and stuff

The kids got back Saturday night from their trip to Europe. They spent a few days in York with Erica, and then the 3 of them had 5 days in Barcelona...which, they report, was awesome! It was sunny (although not much warmer than here right now)...but at least the weather was great for walking around the city. Stephen says that I am going to LOVE York. Its quaint and beautiful and historic. I can't wait to get there. Mainly to see my daughter, but if the city is awesome too, then that is just a bonus. I was just happy that everybody had safe travels. Thats the most important thing. Erica is back in York and Stephen and Hannia are in Greenville again.

We spent our weekend in Wilmington, having not been there since last 4th of July. There was a new family member to meet: Naomi. And she, at only 7 weeks, is adorable. I wish I had pictures. Well, I DO have pictures, but we have a new camera (in preparation for scenic York) and I don't know how how download pics from it just yet. Its probably simple and self-explanatory, but until I sit down and figure it out....well, I will eventually. There was a party going on, lots of teenagers running around, and burgers on the grill. A good time was had by all. Oh, and those 4 boxes of Krispe Kreme didn't hurt anybody's mood either. LOL.

Today was back to work for us. My allergies are acting up something fierce.
By about 2pm I had a sinus headache that riveled any migraine I have ever had. One point that I would like to make....since my hysterectomy I rarely have migraines anymore. Was it hormone induced? I really have no idea, but I am just happy to have that (almost) cured. I suffered a whole lot of years with awful headaches and now they are rare. Today was pretty bad although ibuprofen and coffee made it bearable. I hope to sleep off the rest of lingering pain. Maybe a benadryl will take care of it.

Anyway, not much going on the rest of the week except yardwork and the ongoing clean up from the tree demolition. Plenty of things that need doing. Always plenty of stuff. I would gladly pick up and move into a townhouse, or a condo, or even rent an apartment if it would alleviate so much house maintenance and yardwork, but hubby isn't agreeable to that yet.
I don't know if he will ever be, seeing as how his grandparents built this house. I don't even know if its sentamentality keeping him here, or just the love of lots of space with no neighbors. Oh well, I can deal. We have no house payment here and that makes the upkeep not quite as painful somehow. These warm days and daylight savings time just means round the clock mowing of the lawn is almost upon us, so things like yardwork and upkeep are weighing heavy on my mind. Heat and yardwork are 2 of my most unfavorite things....is unfavorite even a word? LOL. I hope you all have a great week ahead!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner