Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fashion Trends 2012

Spring is almost here, and I can't help but look ahead to some of the fashion trends in store for us. And then to gape, wide-eyed in horror at the unavoidable fact that I am getting too old for what's in style this season.
Some of the trends that I will NOT be participating in:

1. Colored denim. Its not that I don't like it, because its kind of cute, but its just too young for me. I had this conversation with my son, and we both agree....pants (for either sex) need to be black, blue, khaki, gray, or brown. Period.


2. Printed pants. See above. Also? Do you know how huge my ass would look in all this hot mess of a print?


3. Bright Orange and tangerine colors. And this one makes me sad because its a beautiful color. But with my hair and skin, shades of orange make me look ghastly. Like zombie apocalypse kind of ghastly. But I am enjoying alot of the vivid colors this year (greens, blues, pinks...). Very pretty as long as I don't have to wear orange.

.

4. This one is an abomination so vile I can't even believe its true....
Jumpsuits! Seriously? I don't care if everybody in the country wears one, I shall refrain.

5. Bra tops. Maybe even worse than the jumpsuit. And trust...no woman over 40 can pull this one off. Even with abs of steel and breasts of silicon. It is just not dignified.


And with that being said, there are some nice things coming around this spring. Crisp black and white is big this year. I totally love this. It always seems fresh and put together.:


And some of the scarf print tops and dresses are gorgeous:


Oh hey, maybe I can find one that looks good with plain jane black pants, to suit my old lady, conservative style. LOL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Errors Have Been Made © 2008. Template Design By: SkinCorner